Saturday, April 27, 2013

Five for Friday

Well another 2 weeks have flown by! Next week we have off May 1st and then the following week we are off for Ascension Day.
I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for FIVE FOR FRIDAY.



Here's my week!

1. SPRING is in the air! Trees are finally budding. WOO HOO!


2. We have had these very old headphones at the listening center that cut out because the wires are broken inside (I'm sure you've experienced this). I finally broke down and bought myself two pairs of headphones (about $25). The kids were really happy! Well worth it. 


3. We have been making necklaces for Mother's Day. Students learned how to finger knit. I found a good blog with instructions. Check it out if your interested, The flower is made from felt pieces cut out and sewn together.


4. Art lesson was making balloons for May 1st. May 1st is like Labor day here in Finland. Cellophane balloons are all the rage to buy children for May 1st. First draw two balloons overlapping on paper and then trace the outlines with a crayon. Use one primary water color for each balloon and the overlapped part in the middle is suppose to make the secondary color. I say 'supposed' since it didn't work out this time. The students loved the idea anyways and were happy to take them home. 



5. Last but not least, here are some more super cute stuffed toys finished this week by my 3rd graders!





No comments:

Post a Comment