Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January Currently

I'm joining in on this month's currently, put together by Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade.



Here are a few pics from my class work this autumn.....and I mean FEW. I had projects to do this term, and an eTwinning science project with a school in England and a school in Iceland. That was a huge project because we had to follow certain guidelines we had set for our pacing, and it was a new challenge to get it all done. Basically our first grades and sixth grades did many themes in science together this autumn, meaning many hours per week were spent together. The kids loved it!

These first two pictures were art done for our science theme on forest animals and plant life:



These next two are about recycling and sustainable development. Here students are making musical instruments for their music lesson. They were rolled up newspaper covered in plastic film, that were music sticks for beating out rhythms.


In this pic students made robots from left over garbage they brought from home. Then they made commercials for sustainable development with the sixth graders.


The following are not from the science project. Here is a pic of my students starting their 1000 chart packet. I have had 4 students finish already, and I have given them a smelly pencil as their reward for finishing. I made the packet on word, and then copied it double sided and stapled it.



Last photos are of my third graders crocheting project: 




3 comments:

  1. Wow chicken pox at 34? You poor thing! I hope you're feeling better! Your class has been BUSY! I LOVE the robot! So creative! I'm glad to see I'm not the last Currently poster. :o) I bet you won't be either!

    œKaryn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you from Farley's Currently. I teach third grade too! What an adorable crochet project!! Love it! Hopefully I won't be the last one linked either!

    I'm new to blogging...come check me out!

    Mrs. Lawinger
    lawingerslearners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just linked up with the Currently. I hope you're feeling better now. I've been sick the last few days, and it's so hard to be away from the classroom. I love all of the pictures of your students' work. :)

    ReplyDelete